The Internal Quality Auditor ensures that organizational processes – and the goods and services that result – comply with the requirements of standards (e.g., ISO 22000), as well as customer, regulatory, and the organization’s own requirements.
Send your CV to : email@example.com
LEAD AUDITOR SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Lead Quality Auditor manages a team of Internal Quality Auditors in the performance of internal audits, ensuring that internal audits comply with applicable standards, regulations, and guidance (e.g., ISO 22000) and that resulting reports are fair, impartial, and useful. The Lead Auditor is also responsible for selecting competent internal auditors and providing the auditors with information and other resources they need to carry out the quality audit.
LEAD AUDITOR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Manage a team of internal quality auditors
- Evaluate production processes for compliance with quality requirements
- Periodically inspect and calibrate auditing tools (e.g., scales, calipers)
- Assist in development of audit plans, audit schedules
- Participate in quality audits (and lead a team of quality auditors, when needed)
- Identify processes, situations, etc., where organization is meeting requirements, as well as identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist audit team in developing audit reports; present audit reports to top management, as needed
- Assist with follow-up audits, as required
- May be required to develop internal auditing/testing parameters
Reports directly to the Quality Manager. Assists and works in conjunction with auditees during the course of internal audits.
LEAD AUDITOR QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree is required. Must be a certified quality auditor/aerospace auditor in good standing. Two (2) years of auditing experience is desirable; should have experience leading 2 or more quality audits.
Must have an eye for detail, firsthand experience with auditing tools (e.g., control charts, Ishikawa diagrams). Need exceptional listening, communication, and presentation skills. Must be able to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
LEAD AUDITOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Ability to communicate well orally with a wide variety of auditees (top management, production workers, sales, customer support, etc.) is crucial. Regular use of phone and email for communication is essential. Hearing and vision correctable to within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, receiving ordinary information, and preparing or inspecting documents.
The ability to remain in a stationary position roughly 60% of the time as well as the ability to move about the office (to conduct audits throughout the facilities, for example) is required. Using a computer, reviewing reports/logs, etc., while sitting for extended periods is common.
No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of about 20 lbs. of force (e.g., picking up and carrying paper files/reports, a laptop) may be necessary. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, calculators, copiers/scanners).